For some, having a cleanly shaved package is nothing new; but for those who are new to the idea or never quite got around to learning how to do it properly, I’m about to get you on the right track!
There are several valid reasons why shaving your penis and balls is a good idea. It’s not difficult, only requires a little extra time, and the reward is well worth the effort.
Why Shave Your Pubic Hair?
A lot of times hair just gets in the way of things. This is especially true if you do any kind of penis exercises, pumping, or use a cock-ring.
Most givers of oral sex seem to prefer less hair too, as it can hold in odors – not to mention that nobody likes having to stop the show to pull hair from their mouth!
Finally, cleanly shaven genitals can make you look a little larger. Whether you’re big or small, uncovering your goods can make you sexually more appealing.
Below are some reasons why going hair free between the legs can be beneficial:
- Looks cleaner.
- Less odor.
- Makes the penis appear larger.
- Some feel it’s sexier.
- Better for oral sex.
- Better when using a cock-ring.
- Better for penis pumping.
- Better for penis exercises (jelqing).
- More accessibility during sex.
What Works and What Doesn’t
Now that we know why we should do it, let’s talk about what products work. I’ll then give you seven steps to a properly shaven package.
HAIR REMOVERS – CREAMS AND LOTIONS:
It just doesn’t seem like a good idea to me to use hair removing chemicals on your delicate parts. That’s all I have to say about that.
ELECTRIC CLIPPERS for PUBIC HAIR:
Electric hair clippers come in a variety of sizes but none of them can be used without risk. You may get away with using standard hair trimmers or that thing advertised on TV called MicroTouch, but sooner or later these things are going to bite you. They all work like tiny sheers that can nip the thin skin on your penis and testicles quite easily.
However, these are the best for thinning the hair around your penis and balls prior to using a razor – as described below. Just use the trimmer to thin the pubic hair and avoid touching your delicate areas.
ELECTRIC SHAVER/RAZOR for PUBIC HAIR:
Your electric shaver might do a great job on your face but they typically fail on and around your nut-sack. If you are starting with fairly long pubic hair, then this device is definitely going to be useless to you. For this kind of job we need something else – something that has been around forever and that’s simple to use.
MANUAL RAZORS for PUBIC HAIR:
As crazy as might sound, the best way to shave your manhood is with a manual razor. Any decent quality razor will do, and you’ll end-up with a smooth, clean shave!
Steps to the Best Shaved Package
There are a couple tricks to doing this right, so I’ve put together a list of steps to help you go hairless and avoid potential problems.
1. Start by using electric trimmers or clippers to only thin-out your pubic hair if necessary. Don’t actually use them on your penis or testicles or they’ll nip you. Just get the thicker pubic hair that may be around your package.
2. Get a can of shaving cream. The cheap stuff works perfectly – Barbasol is a good choice.
3. Get a decent razor. There’s no need to get the most expensive one, but try to avoid the cheapest products such as BiC disposable razors. Even though a BiC will work in a pinch, you’ll get faster results with a higher-quality razor.
4. Start with a golf ball sized amount of shaving cream in the palm of your hand and apply it to the whole area on and around your genitals.
5. Attack the larger patches of pubic hair (previously thinned with electric trimmers if needed) just above and on either side of the penis; basically the abdomen and groin areas.
6. Using plenty of shaving cream, pull your penis to the right and shave the left side. Go slowly using a light touch and shave just enough to remove the hair. Follow-up by doing the same thing for the right, top, and bottom – pulling your penis in the opposite directions.
7. Testicles can be a bit tricky. Some like to shave their balls when they’re cold and shriveled; yet a hanging pair can be shaved just as easily. Work slowly and in short, delicate strokes making sure that there’s always some shaving cream under the razor. Use your free hand to pull down on your testicles and manipulate them to give you the best surface for shaving. Avoid running the razor over the thin, stretched edges of skin just under your penis.
8. Rinse your package and look for any hairs that got away from you. Go over missed areas as needed.
That’s all there is to shaving your package!
Shaving does not have to be difficult and should never involve cuts or nicks. The procedure above is one that will give you the best shave in the safest way possible; all without resorting to hair removing chemicals.
If you followed these steps, you should now have the skills necessary to maintain a clean and neat package that you can be proud of!